Friday, October 21, 2011

Simon Pearce in Quechee, Vermont

I did make it to Simon Pearce.  My husband and I found this place several years ago and tried to visit at least once a year.   The restaurant at this location is wonderful.   The soups are my absolute favorite.

They are not doing any glass blowing here because the lower floor was destroyed.  These  pictures were taken at the time of the hurricane.  (I took pictures of the pictures which were scattered throughout the building.)

And the aftermath...


I also took some pictures of the glass work.   This was my favorite...

And here are a few pictures I took of the area...



As you can see, the water really did a lot of damage.

Tomorrow there's another quilt show scheduled...hope this one isn't cancelled.  And Monday I leave for Maine.  I finally found a place to stay...

Thanks for stopping by...