Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roaming Around the Countryside

It was overcast most of today, but I did roam around the countryside through several townships, villages and towns.   What was surprising was that there were no diners, no antique shops and only one small marketplace, but there were lots of fix-it shops for large farm equipment.

I did take pictures of some wild flowers.   Unfortunately, I am clueless about the names...

Actually, the last is a picture of Milk Weed Pods.   They are great for crafting but wait until they have popped and their pods are dry.

I also saw a few buildings in various stages of decay...

I was surprised to see this herd...

And this 'oreo' cow all by itself...

Tomorrow I'm heading for the Sharon Springs area (where the Fabulous Beekman Boys have their farm).  I was reading the history of Sharon Springs and was surprised at how large it was at one time.   I'll be sure to take you along again...

Thanks for visiting...

My Journey of Change...
It's been bittersweet to travel in these areas where my husband and I have traveled in the past.   I'm enjoying roaming around, but it would have been nice to have him with me.   Yes, I know that he is here in my heart, but it really isn't quite the same.  

At the same time, I'm glad I'm here and seeing this area again.   I'm seeing different things...perhaps it's that I'm focusing on different things and taking my time soaking in the countryside.  Seeing everyday, ordinary folks engaged in everyday, ordinary things is a great way to ground one's self.