Monday, October 3, 2011

Trying Tourism!!!!

After three days of heavy driving (450 two days and 350 one day, this one with lots of wind, rain and fog), I arrived east of Syracuse in New York State last night.   I'm planning on playing 'tourist' for a week before heading south to New York City.   

Today was cleaning day.   Cleaning the trailer, brushing the kitties and cleaning their sleeping quarters and litter, picking up some groceries and paying bills!!!   None of my 'favorite things' to do, but all of which needed doing!!

The campground is really nice with all the typical amenities.   This is my site and it includes a swing, picnic table, grill and fire ring (not shown).   There's lots of space between sites which is very unique.  (Notice the trees are still green!!!)

Of course, I had to add some more fall decorations...

I've also added a few more things inside.   First of all, a chipmunk.   (After all, the kitties are named Chip and Dale, so a chipmunk seemed appropriate.)   I purchase this at the Minnesota Arboretum Gift Shop.   I'm working on the pictures I took (546!!!) and will start sharing them soon.   But the chipmunk is really cute...

I also added some more fall foliage in a hand thrown vase...

And this picture that was painted by my grandma's neighbor who was in his 80's at the time.   I'll have to tell you his story sometime.   You would not believe his courage...

On the way to the grocery store, I found several things to photograph including an old wooden bridge, some barns and Amish travelers.   I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sightseeing.   I'll be sure to take you along.

Thanks for stopping by...