Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sharon Springs!!!

Okay, I really do enjoy watching "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" Show so visiting Sharon Springs was a treat.   No, I did not try to find the Beekman Farm, but I did find Beekman 1802, the Mercantile and the American Hotel.   

But there's a lot more to Sharon Springs than these two places.   As a matter of fact, the history of Sharon Springs is interesting.  It was a tourist destination as a spa village in the early 1900 and several large hotels were built.   

There are a lot of historic buildings on the National Register in Sharon Springs.  It is a unique place to visit.  And there are several shops to check out.   But viewers of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys' will recognize these two places.

First, The Beekman 1802 Mercantile which is located in the Roseboro Hotel...

And inside...

And yes, I did pick up a couple things:   Some Autumn Soap which smells delicious and a metal leaf by one of the local artists...

The American Hotel is just up the street and it is spectacular...

I did purchase one other item.   I figured that since I had a chipmunk, I should have a kitty.   And I found this Jim Shore tuxedo kitty in one of the other shops and couldn't resist purchasing it.  It's sitting next to the chipmunk...
Thanks for stopping by...

Tomorrow, covered bridges, I hope...