Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vermont!!!!

I love Vermont, especially at this time of year. 

My trip here was interesting.   My GPS system kept trying to take me back to the campsite in New York.   And the route through Vermont (I'm staying in Brattlesboro which is on the east side of Vermont) was not friendly to campers...lots of steep hills (after being out west, I no longer call them mountains, but their pretty darn high!!!) and hairpin curves.   But I made it.

Here's my campsite...
 

And  here's one of the colorful trees at the campsite...

Isn't it beautiful.   The drive through Vermont was interesting.   On the west side the colors were beginning, in the middle, especially around Hogback Mountain most of the leaves were off the trees, but in the east it is just beginning.   Very interesting...

Today was a relaxing day.   Setting up the trailer.   Washing clothes, etc.    I was planning on staying one week, but I might stay two it is so nice.  

Over the next couple of days I will be traveling back to Bennington (on the west side of Vermont) to check things out.   The Jane Stickle Quilt (Dear Jane Quilt) is being displayed this year but only until the 14th and I want to see it again.   

It's in the Bennington Museum and, of course, the other draw at the museum for me is the Grandma Moses exhibit.   So that's where I'm heading tomorrow early.   Early because I do want to get back before it gets dark...and today it got dark at 6:47!!

There are lots of arts festivals, a couple of quilt shows, the Simon Pearce Glass Blowing historic mill, pumpkin festivals, Norman Rockwell museum, covered bridges, etc., etc., etc.   Think two weeks is enough?

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures...

Thanks for visiting...