Monday, November 14, 2011

Back to Civilization!!!

I know it's the middle of November but it has been a busy couple of weeks.  But I am back and now that I have WiFi and internet connection,  I can upload the pictures I took at the campsite in the woods...



A lot of the snow was melted by the time I managed to get a picture...but we did have snow...

 This was actually a very nice place, but rustic...outhouses instead of bathrooms.   No sewer connection but a dump station.   Most of the sites are for dry camping, but some have both electricity and water.   And the folks were very nice.     I also did not mind driving back to the trailer at night, but it was very, very dark.   I actually think that if they had sewer connections or a truck that comes around once a week to empty the holding tanks, I would probably stay here for a season.

Well, lots has been happening.   A good friend visited last week and helped me with getting the trailer winterized and arranged for remodeling.   She had never been to Maine so I took her lots of places.   I'll post some pictures later.   She,  just like me, fell in love with Maine.

I have also moved in with some great friends for a couple months.   It will give me time to kind of evaluate things as well as work on that large writing assignment...the next deadline is looming in the very near future.

And I just booked a hotel to stay in during Thanksgiving...yes, I am going to NYC to see the parade on Thursday and window shop on Friday...

It's good to be back...

Thanks for visiting...