Friday, November 18, 2011

Frustration!!!

Today was one of those frustrating days that we all have.   I wanted to see a dentist just to check out something...no toothache or anything.   So I found three dentists in the area that advertised that they take walk-ins.

Well, the first one just said no they don't take walk-ins.   Period.   Good Bye.   The second two said sure they would be happy to take me if I became a patient and then they would schedule me for an appointment with their tech first.

What if you have a dental emergency (which I don't)?   No one knew if there was any emergency help!!!!   All I could say was WOW!!!!

I do know that they have 'Doc In The Box' dental service in NYC so if my dentist can't see me, I know I can find other alternative.   I'm still amazed about today's experience, tho...

I was so frustrated I went to the bookstore and bought myself a magazine...so I guess all was not lost!!

I have begun another ornament...a Swedish Dala Horse.   It's made out of red felt with a little stuffing.   I am using the blanket stitch to sew the to sides together.   I will then use blue and white embroidery floss to add the surface design.

I realized that I haven't been spending much time just creating for creating's sake so I decided to play with fabric today.    I have lots of small one and a half inch fabric squares so I decided to use them.
  
I found a piece of white heavy broadcloth for the background.   I didn't want to add a hem to the sides so I frayed the edges.   Then I began laying the fabric squares down, but I didn't like them as they were, so I frayed their edges also.   I'm using a small dot of tacky glue to hold them in place for now.  This is what it looks like so far...kind of funky...

I think once I get the fabric squares down, I will add lots of things to decorate...things like yarn, ribbon, beads, maybe even paper...I'm at the beginning of this creation so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Have a great weekend.   I'm planning on watching lots of football as I work on my projects.   Be sure to take time for yourself...

Thanks for visiting...