Monday, November 21, 2011

Old Friends

I had a very nice time tonight meeting with friends from my quilt group here in Maine.   It was great to catch up with folks and find out what they are up to.

They also have a unique project this year...a paint chip project in which members find paint chip colors with names that begin with the members initials.   Then they will find fabric in that color and put together a small art quilt with stars.    I'm looking forward to having fun with this project.

I did continue to work on my small creative project.   So far the fabric squares are attached...

After I finished with the fabrics, I draped yarn over the project...

After draping on the yarn, I used embroidery thread with large stitches to attach the yarn.   Picture to come next week.

I'm packing for the trip to NYC tomorrow.   It's supposed to be a wet day on Wednesday, so I'm glad that I will already be there.

I'm staying through the weekend so I may not get back to posting until next week.   

I hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving with family and friends (and football!!!!).   

Thanks for visiting...