Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NYC - Still Great!!!

Well, I made it to NYC.   I had planned on taking 95 over the GWB (George Washington Bridge) and going down through New Jersey to the Goethals Bridge and back onto Staten Island which is where I found a hotel.   

When 95 stopped, literally stopped (not unusual - but I thought I had gotten into the city early enough to avoid it), I took the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) through the city.   When I first saw the Manhattan skyway, I just smiled like the Chesshire Cat.  And I continued smiling until I got to the Verrazano Bridge!   Yeah...I like New York City...a lot!!!!

Anyway, I had a blast.   We made it to the parade...left a bit late so we didn't get to the front.   And the weather was so nice, the crowds were really huge.   I enjoyed taking pictures of the crowds more than the balloons.   Here are a few shots I took with my iPhone...

We went back on Friday and again braved the crowds...fantastic!!!   Stopped at the Christmas shops set up at both Union (14th) and Bryant (42nd) Parks.  Then onto Rock Center and finally ending at Macy's on 34th.  

It really is nice to have Times Square and half of Broadway closed to traffic.   But let me tell you,  it was so hot that even lightweight jackets were too much!!!  

The tree at Rock Center was up, but the scaffolding was still up so I didn't take a picture.   (I'll do that when I go back in December.)

The last picture?   Those are the wooden escalators in Macy's!!!

Oh, and my old dentist saw me right away...unfortunately, I need an oral surgeon to remove a wisdom tooth...but at least I know what's up.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving...

And now, let the rush to Christmas begin...

Thanks for visiting...