Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Epiphany!

Today is the Twelfth Day of Christmas!   All the chaos of the holiday rush is over.   I hope all of you can just enjoy the quiet and bask in the light of the candles and trees and family and friends.

Snow was falling this morning and it looked like a winter wonderland.   I hope it stays around longer than a day.

I created another collage page to work with in my journal...

I am also working on backgrounds for some Artist Trading Cards...

And remember the Twelve Days of Christmas Gift that my daughter gave me?   Well, here is a collage of some of the items...

I'm not finished with any of the above collages but I have a good start.

And remember what she packed the gifts in?   Well, first I tried covering with paper and Modge Podge but that did not work at all.   The paper got soggy and tore.   So then I tried paper and stick glue...

They were okay, but then I decided to try something different and covered them with fabric.  Quite honestly I really like the results.   What do you think...


 
By the way, in redoing my blog, I took out the comment section for a while; but, I will be adding an e-mail address soon as a way to get in touch with me.

Well, lots of football this weekend...yes, I am a football nut...of course, my team is not in the running but I still like the Minnesota Vikings!!

Have a great weekend.   Leave the decorations up a few more days and enjoy them while you just veg out and relax.

Thanks for stopping by...