Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Savannah Heat

I've definitely left the north.   I haven't put the air conditioner on yet, but it really is warm here.   And they're expecting a continuation of warmer weather than normal for the next week.   (And I thought it was safe to come south in the winter!!!)

My trailer changes are great.   I love my recliner.  And sitting down next to the bed instead of climbing in is refreshing!!!

I haven't seen too many flowers yet.   Probably will see them when I get to 'The Other Kingdom' in Orlando.

There's a lake on one side of the campsite with some swans.   We were warned that the male swan is very aggressive and to steer clear of him.   I must be doing a great job because I've heard them, but have yet to see them...
 
I'm not sure what the other side is about...old swamp, clear cut, makes no sense to me...

I did forget how beautiful the pine cones were...

Tomorrow I head for 'The Other Kingdom', read the Walt Disney World.   I'm really looking forward to visiting again.   I love The Epcot Center and Cirque du Soleil.   And it will be great to share the experience with family.

Thanks for visiting...


MY JOURNEY OF CHANGE...
It's been a while since my last post about this journey.    Actually, it's been over a year now since the love of my life died.   I'm amazed...where did that year go?   But then I look at the forty-three years of our life together and wonder, again in amazement, where did all that time go?

I traveled through the Carolina's this trip and it brought back many memories.   We went to seminary in South Carolina (LTSS) and did our internship in North Carolina.   Tears flowed as again I wondered how it could have gone by so fast.

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' is a very familiar phrase that I've heard frequently this past year.   I'm never quite sure how to understand it.   For me, it doesn't mean romanticizing the memories.   Instead, for me, it means remembering the everyday, ordinary things...things which could easily slip into being taken for granted.   

Things like seeking each other out when one of us left the house for errands, or finding each other when one of us came back.   Or sitting quietly together reading.    Or sharing a meal.   These small ordinary things are what I find that I miss the most.   But I expect that is because we cherished and loved each other very much.   And that love is what gives me the strength, the courage and the confidence to continue living life to the fullest.