Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Found the Beach

Duh!!!!   Drive east and it will appear.   Well, actually, it wasn't that easy.   It is so built up around here that I had to drive quite a ways to find a public beach.   Sad.   I remember driving to the Gulf Coast area and parking anywhere on the beach road to gain access to the beach.   No more.  The last time I was there it was just as built up.   I guess the majority of the folks on this planet do live close to the oceans!!!

The beach that I went to had a nice walkway to the ocean...

There were several plaques on the walkway letting folks know about the wildlife.   For instance, there are several turtles that frequent the beach including the Green Sea Turtles,  the Leatherback Sea Turtles and the Loggerhead Sea Turtles.   But I was surprised at this critter...

The beach was beautiful.   High winds made for very loud surf...

See that orange cone?   Well, this is why it's there...

Yep, you can drive on the beach.   There were lots of cars...not mine, though.   I prefer to walk and dodge cars rather than drive and dodge pedestrians!!!

The sea oats swaying in the breeze...make that blowing in the wind...do anchor the sand...

Changing topics...every morning, I have a wake-up call...make that wake-up quacks.   These little guys are loud...

And now that the weather is warming...I guess I should really say cooling, considering my stay at Disney World!!!   At any rate, I needed some spring in my trailer so I picked up some tin containers and artificial flowers.   I would love to have real ones, but with Chip and Dale around, the flowers would be history!!!

Well, tomorrow I will be venturing downtown for a walking tour of Old St. Augustine.   I'll be sure to take some pictures to share.

Thanks for stopping by...

Take some time for yourself...