Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Made It To The Beach

Yes, I did...and it was only 17 miles from here.   I'm going back tomorrow and take a picnic lunch.

Keaton Beach is a really nice place.   The town is small and the locals are very friendly.   Because the beach area is small they don't have a lot of tourists.  If this town were in Maine, I'd look for a place to live immediately.  

There are bathrooms, a small playground, shaded picnic stands and best of all, the ocean.   Because it is in a cove they don't worry about sharks.   But, there is a river outlet here and there are alligators, but only in the river.

The water was very clear...

And sitting on the beach was a pure delight...

There is also a very long wharf from which you can probably catch some fish.   The folks in the boat next to the wharf caught something big right after I snapped the picture...

A picture from the wharf...

As I was leaving the campgrounds, something jumped unto the driver's window (which was closed).  I got my camera as fast as possible and was able to snap this picture before my visitor left.   This was a first for me...

On the creative front, I have been playing with doodling some more.   Not so great yet, but you know what they say, practice, practice, practice.   The first picture is the background using diluted acrylic paints in a small spray bottle.   The second one is the doodling I did on that background.   And third is the beginning of another picture.   I haven't finished them yet, but I am enjoying the process...

Thanks for stopping by...

Enjoy your evening...