Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quiet Tuesday

Well, I didn't make it to the Gulf.  I got a late start to this morning...why does that matter?   Well, remember I am currently living in a small metal box AND I have two kitty companions.   Although I leave the windows open, I do close the door when I leave.  Also, I do not leave the air-conditioning on.   So it can get a bit hot which would not be too good for the kitties.

So, I need to be back before the heat builds up which means an early start.   The Gulf will have to wait until Thursday.  

I am attending a webinar tomorrow afternoon on 'Making Unique Marks'.   The focus will be on the book "Doodles Unleashed".   It should be interesting and I'm looking forward to it.  I am discovering that there are more and more webinars available online and most of them are free.   It presents a great avenue for interaction with artists and authors in the comfort of your own home.

Have you ever heard of the online magazine 'Persimmon Tree'?   It's a magazine dedicated to sharing the creative works of women over sixty.   I just finished the latest issue and highly recommend it.   The internet site is (http://www.persimmontree.org/) and best of all it's free.

So, back to the whole concept of time and it's apparent speed.   I often wonder how much of my time is taken up with superfluous activities and even more to the point, what/who defines superfluous?    Is reading a mystery or playing scrabble electronically superfluous?    How about listening to talk radio or watching tv?   How about organizing?  

I know that each of us has to make those decisions for ourselves but what criteria do we use to make those decisions?   Does the amount of time spent on an activity enter in?   Or does time only matter when the activity is not productive?  And who defines productivity?  And where does multi-tasking fit into the picture?   Are we really saving time when focusing on more than one thing at a time?

Questions, questions, questions!!!   That seems to be all I have.   I hope to tackle these questions in future posts. 

For today, I will leave you with two pictures which to me exemplify beauty...one on a grand scale and one on a more intimate scale..


Thanks for visiting...

Have a great evening...