Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Made It To Santa Fe

Once again, it took longer than I planned.   I wanted to stop every five minutes to take pictures but only captured a few.  

One of the first (huge) signs I saw was a caution sign...SEVERE CROSSWINDS.    Right, I thought as the car and trailer slid to the other side of the highway.   When I managed to get the car under control, I saw to my right a wind farm that went on for miles and was deeper than I could see.   Good place!!!

The scenery changed from a beige flat space, to one with small trees (about five by five) to hills and finally large hills.   I think I began climbing as soon as I entered New Mexico.   The winds were so strong that even going downhill the car shifted up to compensate...now that's wind!!!

Here's a picture of a famous road.   It paralleled Highway 40 for a while.   Note the train track on the other side.   The picture is a bit out of focus because I took it while driving...
Remember the show 'Route 66' with George Maharis and Martin Milner?   Wow, that's a blast from the past!!!

I stopped at a rest stop and took this picture to give you an idea of the flat land...

When I finally got to the campsite, I found it thoroughly delightful.   This is my own patio right next to my trailer.   Isn't it cute?

Tomorrow I will be exploring the area...lots to see.   And since I will not be hauling the trailer around, I hope to get more pictures to share.

Thanks for spending time with me...

Have a great evening...