Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Found the Color!!!!

Well, I made it to the Petrified Forest National Park and I really did find the color.   If you ever find yourself in the area around Holbrook, Arizona, I hardily recommend that you take time and visit.   It's a 28 mile ride with lots of places to stop and take pictures.

If you begin at the north end, the first sites are of the painted desert...

I took well over a thousand pictures.   Don't worry, I'm not going to post them all but the ones above give you the flavor of the painted desert area.   The colors range from deep orange to pale pink to lavender.  I'll continue to post more pictures each day.  

The scenes were so spectacular that I couldn't take them all in so tomorrow I am going back to the park but start at the south entrance.    I ran out of memory in my camera so I didn't get all the pictures of the petrified forest areas.   Those sites were different from the painted desert but just as moving.  

The only wild life I saw were birds and let me tell you, they did not move for me at all...(and no, they are not statues!)

I worked a little more one of my pictures.   I like the boldness that comes through...

I have been forgetting to post my texture pictures so here are two...

Stay tuned for more from the Petrified Forest National Park tomorrow...

Thanks for visiting.

A shout out to the folks at the Embassy...hope spring has arrived for you.

Enjoy your evening....