Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's Big!!

I did get back to take more pictures of the Petrified Forest National Park this morning.   One of the things that has always impressed me about the west is how big it is...the vastness (is that a word?) of the country.   I picked out some pictures from the park to try and convey that idea. 
I don't think I quite hit the mark.   Not sure if any single photo can.   But just imagine standing on the edge of a cliff and looking out as far as you can see and the country just keeps going further and further back until you can't really make out what you are looking at.    Then you have some idea.

Well, here are a couple more pictures.   First a petroglyph from the Newspaper Rock...

And a picture of a piece of petrified wood...

It's sad but the parks lose about a ton of petrified wood each month.   There's very little crystal left in the crystal forest!!

Tomorrow, I leave for the Grand Canyon KOA.   It's a short drive (a first!!!) so I'll share some pictures of the flowers in the park.   A lot more than I would have thought.

I have kept up with my doodling...
 
And lastly, a texture picture...

Thanks for checking in...

Enjoy your evening...