Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bear Lake

This past week, we camped at the KOA at Garden City, Utah which borders Bear Lake.   It is a beautiful lake, often called the "Caribbean of the Rockies" because of it's intense turquoise blue water.   When I first saw the lake it looked like an emerald-green, turquoise-blue jewel.   Breathtaking! 

Driving around the lake taking pictures was great fun, but I don't think the pictures do justice.   Also, the lake color changes depending on location from deep blue to turquoise, and the turquoise color really is very intense and vibrant. 





More pictures from the lake  (The trucks driving in the lake were certainly unique!) as well as from Logan valley in my next post.

I've been taking it easy for the past few weeks...reading, watching Netflix, and especially enjoying my grandkids (and yes, my kids as well.)    That's why my posting has been a bit sketchy lately.  

First day of summer and I'm still using my heater!!!   

Enjoy your evening and thanks for taking the time to drop by...