Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moving On

Well, I waited three days for a mobile rv service/parts person to bring me the part that secures the bottom of my awning to the trailer...no show!   It's back to coat hanger wire and duct tape!   What would we do without duct tape????   It's pretty secure so I think it will make it to my next campsite in Maine.  

I think I am more worried about the car...oh, it will make it, I'm sure, but I really have pushed it way past it's towing limit.   At least in Maine I will be able to offload the heavy stuff and take it to storage.  Ah....storage...I hope that will be a thing of the past in the next couple of months.

So, back to my big decision...I couldn't find any homes in this area that fit the bill...that is it had to take cats, have a place for my trailer, not be too big and have a rent that I could at least contemplate.   Lots of apartments, few homes, and the only place I want an apartment is in Manhattan.  So I'm going to Maine to look for a small house that will take cats, have a place for my trailer and in this case rent as low as possible.   (I'm still dreaming about that place in Manhattan!!)

We - the cats and I - leave tomorrow morning.   I managed to secure a spot for this weekend.   Forgot it was the last weekend before school and most places were packed.   But I did find one in southern Maine....whew, that was close.  

So, I will leave you with a few more of my 'orange' pictures...



Yeah, I know, I'm pushing the season, but at least I can think cool...tomorrow's temperature?  95 degrees!!!

Have a safe holiday weekend.   I hope you have a great time with friends and family.

Thanks for stopping by...