Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Oh the weather outside is....

Well, it's coming to visit once again.   Snow, that is!   I have seen predictions from 3 inches to 10 inches.   Guess which one I think will happen.   But I'm not complaining, really, I love it.  

It was so beautiful outside today - bright and sunny and warm - that I cleaned the snow from the last storm off the back deck and hung out my laundry...and it dried!!!

But, the snow will arrive this evening and continue through tomorrow.   Checking the map I can see that the storm is quite large and if it holds together...we could easily get the larger amount.

Enough of my weather conditions...

I did manage to get a lot of sewing done on the first piece of my Modern Art Series.   First, I did a grid on the diagonal using black thread.   Then I did a smaller perpendicular grid using gold thread.  Finally, I'm began free motion as well as outline stitching using gold thread.  Don't look for straight lines...not only are they not in my skill set, I really don't like the formality.

I have a really great old sewing machine given to me by a friend.   But it doesn't have a darning attachment so when I do free motion, there is no foot on the machine which means I have to be a bit more careful.

I plan on doing a lot more thread work including re-outline the butterflies to increase the density of the stitching.  Then I will begin embellishing.   Here are a couple pictures of the piece so far...




On another note, here's another picture in my Egg Doodle Series...

Okay, back to my question.   One suggestion is to reuse the creations in another way.   For instance, take a picture and incorporate part or all of it in a card to send or as unique wrapping paper.   Great idea.   That could even apply to fabric pictures.  

I did a google search and only found the same suggestion as above.   You know, I really do not think there is any research on this.   I feel an article coming...

Thanks for dropping in...

Keep cozy and warm...

Enjoy yourself...