Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Modern Art Series

Another in my Egg Doodle Series...

I'm beginning a four piece modern art series out of fabric.   Each piece will be about 18 by 13 inches on a light background. 

This is what I have so far...
I haven't finished this first one yet.   I'm debating where to go with it.   I do want to add more to it, especially more color.  And I know the butterflies and flowers are not necessarily modern art features but I really wanted to include them. 

The one condition that I am adhering to is no new purchases for this series.   My fabric stash is large enough so I will not need additional fabric.   But I will be embellishing each piece...that may be a bit trickier.   I'll keep posting so that you can see my progress.

Have you ever tried a modern art piece?   Why not try one along with me?   Grab a neutral background and some fabric from your stash and play.   That's what I'm doing.   Maybe not scientific, nor the proper way to approach art...but it sure is fun.   By the way, I'm using a dab of stick glue to hold pieces in place until I like what I see and am ready to sew it down.

Thanks for checking in...

Enjoy yourself...