Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Has Arrived at Home

It took a bit longer to sort, pack and put away the Christmas decorations while unpacking, sorting and setting up spring/summer decorations.

I thought I would take you on a trip around the house beginning with the front porch...


Remember for the Christmas Holidays, I put a small artificial pine tree in the top container above and decorated with tinsel and candy canes.   To change to spring/summer, I took the roses and ivy from the entry way and added a red cardinal.   I then added the additional pine tree to the deer and attached birds in the trees.   The porch needs bright colors to stand out so I choose not to use pastels.

The entry way has changed...


On the top shelf is a collection of Harlequin Dolls, some from Macy's and some from New Orleans.   They are really quite beautiful.   Here are some close-ups...



 I also added new flowers to the standing wicker basket.   By the way, this basket was used to hold flowers at my mother's wedding so it is quite old...


I know that some people frown on silk flowers, but I love flowers and could not possibly keep several bouquets of real flowers around the house constantly.   So for me silk flowers are the way to go.   I would love to add some plants, but with the boys (Chip and Dale) the plants would be eaten.   Tomorrow I'll share some pictures of the living room decorations.

I have spent some time doodling...


And I have a start, but only a start, on the journal page from last week...

There's a new prompt up for this week:   'Spring Restoring Life's Surprises'

For those of you celebrating Passover, Chag Sameach!   For those of you observing Holy Week, may the journey be a time of reflection.   And for those of you celebrating Spring, enjoy new birth as the world wakes up from it's winter sleep.

One more writing deadline and I'm done for several months.

Thanks for visiting...

Enjoy yourself...