Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Wonders

How was your weekend?   Mine was busy with lots and lots of great things like friends visiting, engaging workshop discussions and trying some depression era cookies.

I found a cookie recipe from the depression era that had limited sugar and liquid using only one egg and water.  It made a very, very, very unusual dough.  

The cookies are much less sweet than my normal chocolate chip cookies.  They are very crisp but not tough.   I think I would add more nuts next time and maybe even leave out the chocolate chips altogether.  (I'm one of those strange folks that really does not like chocolate, okay!)

Then I made a twice baked date-nut bar which didn't smell so great while it baked, especially the first time round.   The second bake wasn't too bad.   But after the second bake it was tough.   Dah!   However, the next day it turned out to be crisp, not tough, and it actually tasted pretty good.  Again, it is not very sweet.  I'm going to try it again but instead of dates, I want to try dried cranberries and nuts.


Did you have a chance to work on your prompt this past week?   I did and it is a bit wild.   I just kept doodling and doodling and...well...you can see for yourself...

Three things can to mind when I began:   Stop and smell the roses, Question everything, and Follow your muse!   So that's what I included.   Probably not my best work, but the ideas do come through loud and clear.

I did finish one my colored pencil drawings...

And in case you think the Egg Doodle Series is over, here's another one...

There's a new weekly prompt posted.  I hope you'll try it out.

Tomorrow I will continue the tutorial on how to make my favorite little gem of a book.

And yes, it is time to take down the Christmas decorations...I know...I just like the lite tree so much it will be hard not to have it up.   But today, I did begin packing things away.   It will take a few days to get it done but done it will get.

Thanks for checking things out here...

Enjoy yourself...