Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Celebration Dinner

So what did you have to eat this past weekend?    Anything great?   Anything weird?   My holiday foods are slightly askew.   Lutefisk at Christmas and raw meat at Easter!   What, raw meat?  

Let me explain...I love kibbeh except I use beef instead of lamb.   It's actually raw meat mixed with onions, bulgar (cracked wheat) and seasonings.   Doesn't look that appetizing...kind of gray.   You eat it with olive oil and bread...
Yes, it's an acquired taste, but once you acquire it...it really is good.   Greek olives go well with it.   And fresh artisan bread....wonderful....

Another thing I made was spinach pies.   The filling is spinach,  goat cheese (I also add cottage cheese), nuts, onions,  fresh lemon juice and olive oil.   These are great right out of the oven, but they get better with age...and I love them cold...

I also had potato salad, lime jello-cottage cheese-nuts-mayo salad and, of course, boiled eggs...

A feast fit for a king.   And to top it off,  I made some baklava...
This was actually the best baklava I've ever made.   I changed the syrup and cut the sugar by 1/3 and doubled the fresh lemon juice.   It's also about half as high as I normally make it.   In other words, I used less filo and so it baked completely through nice and crispy.

Well, I promised that I would update on some of my plans.  

Exercise five days a week:   I was doing well until it was time to take down the Christmas decorations and then I kind of fell by the wayside.   However, I have picked it back up and am now doing both a walking routine and a strength training routine five days a week instead of one routine a day.

Cutting down on the clutter:   That is going well.   I manage to take several boxes a month to Goodwill.   I have gone through my decorations twice and each time have decided to donate more.

I have things set up so that I can scan my documents and pictures easily and have begun doing 10 of each a day.

Blogging:   I manage to blog five days a week, most of the time.   I may miss a day or two here or there but only when circumstances really intervene.   I'm still working on assessing what visitors respond to, but I want to make my own decisions about my blog's content.   I have added tutorials and plan on adding more.

Writing:   Now that the big assignment is almost done, I have more time to spend on my two projects which I hope to e-publish.   Both are out of the planning stage and into the first draft stage.

That's not all, but it's a start.   How are things going for you?   I hope well.

Thanks for stopping by...

Enjoy yourself...