Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Outside the Comfort Zone

Hope in the blossoming of a bud...

Looking at the surroundings in the picture above, those small leaves sure look like they are way out of their comfort zone, but there they are...doing what they're supposed to do...bringing forth new life as their leaves open and turn toward the sun.

So, how's your comfort zone?   Comfortable?   Mine sure is...and it's really easy to stay right there!   You know, though, sometimes staying in your comfort zone isn't always the best thing to do.   But on the other hand,  there are moments in your life when your comfort zone is exactly where you should stay.   I wonder how easy it is to tell which is which?

Looking back at my life, I now see that there were times when I stayed far too long in my comfort zone.   And other times when I surprised even myself by venturing out and doing something completely different against all odds.

The thing is, though,  that I never really knew for sure when I should stay or leave.   At times,  I had impressions that staying would be better for everyone.   At other times, I had impressions that I needed to do my own thing just to prove I could.  Maybe, impressions is all you get.   Maybe impressions are your mind's way of telling you it's time to stay or it's time to go.   What do you think?

Well, speaking of 'outside my comfort zone', I've been playing with my markers again.   But instead of doodles, I've been drawing fun pictures like this...

But then, instead of staying so bland, I've been trying to add designs.   Now, you have to understand that this is way out of my comfort zone...

No, they're not masterpieces, they're my way of going places in drawing that I usually do not go.   Like the pictures of the flowers I posted after watching the Mixed Media Abstract lessons.

Well, I challenge you to get outside your comfort zone...even if only drawing pictures with markers.   It will strengthen those 'outside your comfort zone' muscles so that when the real challenge of leaving comes along, you'll be ready.

Thanks for dropping in...

Enjoy yourself...