Thursday, April 17, 2014

Finished Tree Branch and A Frugal Fabric Craft

It was a very comfortable day today.   A little cool, but sunny.  The door to the cat's fence has been open all day and they have enjoyed lounging in the sun and meowing at anything that moves.  

TREE BRANCH FINISHED
Also, there was very little wind today - very unusual for this area - so I was able to spray paint the branches. I had some spring flowers in my trailer so I brought them in and used them to decorate the container...

And here's the entire tree...
I thought the family was playing tricks on me because the egg decorations disappeared and then reappeared.   No.   It was my two kitties who decided they wanted to play with the decorated fabric eggs!   So they batted them off the tree when I wasn't looking.   Then when someone found one on the floor they would hang it back up.  

Well, I am not really happy with Chip and Dale, but I guess the shiny decoration was more than they could pass up...

FRUGAL FABRIC CRAFT
When I cut out the shapes for the eggs, I had lots of little pieces of fabric left over.   I also had an empty nut container...

So, I applied the fabric to the container using glue, finishing off the top and bottom with paper tape.   When it was dry, I applied a coat of Diamond Glaze.   And this what it looks like...



The cover goes on and off easily so this will be a place to keep small miscellaneous decorating items.

Thanks for coming by and checking out my blog...
See you tomorrow...