Thursday, April 10, 2014

Life is Beautiful and Creative and Wonderful

Ah, life is beautiful and creative...don't you think?   No matter where you are at this moment, look around you...really look around you.   I bet you can find something that wows you...maybe it is in nature - a sunset or new spring flowers.  

Or maybe it is something that you cherish like an embroidered picture made by your mother or a book that had a really profound effect on you.   Or, a friend or family member.  Life.  Is.  Beautiful.   Life.  Is.  Creative.  

And no matter what your situation is...holding the hand of a dying friend...receiving a diagnosis that you would rather not have...losing a job...welcoming a new life into your family...seeing your child wed.   Life.  Is.  Wonderful.  

You may have to think about it for a while, but eventually it will dawn upon you and a smile will come over your face.   Because really life is a wonderful gift for each of us to enjoy.

And speaking of Creativity...

I am finding that I really enjoy crocheting.  I managed to crochet a doily, of sorts, today.   And this time I followed a pattern.   My stitches are not very smooth or regular, but I am getting better...

I also tried another painting with abandonment.   Just put the paint out, take a brush and paint with no forethought nor structure...
I'm not sure if I will like all the paintings and drawings that I do, but I relish the freedom when using this style of abandonment.

About my knee and exercise...
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but my knee has been giving me problems once again.  So after a thorough examination including an x-ray and an MRI the doctors found a torn meniscus.   However, since I responded to shots previously, we decided to try a shot first.  

I had the shot today.   A really easy process with no pain.   But beginning tomorrow, I will be exercising in ernest to see if it will take care of the problem.   I think I will give it a month and if it doesn't lessen the pain, then surgery will be next.   Stay tuned...

Well, here's another picture of nature which I find very textural...

Can you believe it is Thursday already?   The weeks of the month go round and round, round and round, round and round...much too fast.

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow....