Friday, April 11, 2014

Tag Art, Mail Art and Fabulous Friday

I have to say that today is just beautiful.   I did run some errands...mail out Easter Cards, check local craft store for some very specific supplies (No Luck, am now ordering from Amazon), find a chain set for the outdoor swing.   Again, no luck as no one sells them around here.   So I picked up some chain and other things in hopes that I will be able to jury-rig something that will work...wish me luck.

I received my tag swaps.   Remember the theme was steampunk lace so it was a whole new experience for me.   This was my tag...

And here are the lovely tags I received in exchange...



Such creativity and imagination astounds me.   The second one was a fabric tag!   I don't use pictures of people too often.   I may have to rethink that idea.

I also received my postcard art.   The theme was spring and I tried some very new ideas for me.   Remember this was mine...

And this beauty was one I received in exchange...
I love the colors in this...the actual card is better than it's picture and it simply blows me away...

Well, crunch time is fast approaching so I think I will be spending the weekend filing my taxes.   I have all the information and I use software so it probably will not take me long, but this is one thing I always put off until the last minute...and to be honest, I usually file for an extension.   No more, the last three years I have filed on time...make that the last filing day!!!!

With the weekend upon me, I think I will have my hands full.   I hope that I will be able to spend some time enjoying my Saturday PBS shows as well as a little creative ventures.   Taxes and the swing will probably take up most of the time, though.

I hope you have great plans...better yet, I hope that spring has arrived wherever you live.   This winter was a long, hard, snowy one for most of us.

Thanks for visiting today...
See you on Monday...