Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Approaching Again?

Well, this past weekend we had everything from snow, to rain, to sleet, to ice pellets and back to snow...(hear my sigh!).   Yesterday was cold, but no snow.   Today it is warmer but still too cold to be comfortable outside, especially in the wind, unless you are really bundled up.

Sorry about not posting yesterday but I had a major eye examination which included dilation.   And if you have every had that experience, you know that it's pretty hard to read things until your eyes get back to normal.   The outcome of the tests weren't great, but it could have been much worse.   For now, things are okay...if/when they change, I'll let you know...

I did manage to get my taxes mailed today...how about you?   I actually did them Sunday evening. One more chore crossed off my to-do list.

And I am getting closer to making a decision about next month's challenge.   I am really considering doing the 30 day Zentangle option.   I like zentangles so it won't be too much of a stretch for me and I really like the idea of learning new strokes.  I am also considering adding something to that like a 'gratitude diary' posted on my blog.   Or poetry.

I have been continuing to crochet.   Here's a new doily...
This is done mainly with a Half Double Crochet stitch which makes it very stiff.   I do like that.   I have also been working on making some ducks and rabbits just for fun.   They each need to be sewn together and stuffed...guess I need to pick up some fiber fill.

I also received another postcard...this one is from the host...
I love her paintings...

And, I received my doll swaps.   Remember the theme was Bird Dolls and to remind you,  here is one of mine...

And here are the two I received...


Aren't they adorable?   I love the bright colors of the parrot on the top picture.   And the bird on the bottom with her shiny shoes and basket of goodies is precious.

Well, it's supposed to continue to get warmer throughout the rest of the week, so I hope I can work on getting the swing ready to use.   And with that included on the patio, I am going to rework the fence situation so I can also exit using my patio doors.   I also want to bring my trailer over to this part of the yard so I can use it as my craft room.

If you are celebrating religious holidays this week, my hope is that your celebrations include meaningful time with family and friends.

Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...