Thursday, May 29, 2014

A FABRIC SCRAP CRAFT

Well, I do believe that spring is here...

These trees were just full of blossoms and beautiful against the blue sky.



I guess I am on a fabric scrap kick.   I hope you visited the YouTube videos I shared with you yesterday and enjoyed some of the ideas presented.


I have a lot of very small pieces of fabric...

And I wanted a quick little craft that would use up some of the fabric scraps so I decided to make cards. I had some handmade paper which I folded in half and creased using a bone folder...

I cut the paper in half and then folded and creased each half.   The paper is very heavy so I only needed one piece folded in half for each card...

I cut a main trunk and four smaller branches out of a variegated piece of brown fabric and applied it to the card with a fabric glue...

Next, I cut several leaves and added them to the tree...

I continued adding leaves...

Finally, I cut out and added a blue bird and some green grass...

The card is really cute but I really didn't make a dent in my fabric scraps.   Looks like more cards are in my future!

ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY FIFTEEN
More designs...


How's your journal page coming?   Remember, I began by adding words and pictures I tore out of magazines plus the word HOPE. Then I wrote all over the page including the word hope in several different colors.   Next, I used some Distress Ink and covered the edges as well as several areas of the page.   Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the piece in progress but I will share the finished page tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow...