Wednesday, May 28, 2014

YOU TUBE VIDEOS USING FABRIC SCRAPS & A SNEAK PREVIEW OF NEXT WEEK'S TRAVELING ADVENTURE

Hello everyone.   I hope your day was great.   Mine was fantastic.   I think I mentioned that I have a guest for the week.   Well, today we went 'a wandering' on a little adventure to one of the best places to visit around here.   I'm saving the traveling adventure for next Tuesday, but here's a hint, up close and personal...


I don't know about you, but I have lots and lots of fabric scraps and I really would rather use them somehow instead of just throwing them out.   So, I turned to You Tube and I was not disappointed.   Below is a short list of You Tube videos about different techniques for using fabric scraps to make collages.   Check them out, you may find an interesting idea or two...

No Sew Fabric Collage:
How to make Fabric Collage Cards

Fabric Collage – Sewing:
Fabric Collages, Fabric Art, Creating Fabric
(Stitches by Julia) 22 minutes
An interesting organization of scraps

Building Pictures
Frabric Collage – Frog Heaven
Lynette Williams – 1 ½ minute

Fabric Collage Inchie Ornament
AngelesBitsandPieces
Good Idea about using scraps right away with spray basting medium

I Love Fabric Collage
Lois DeWitt -  5 minutes
Technique using glue
Although she uses fabric which she has printed herself, you can use any scraps of fabric you have on hand.

Textile art – creating new surfaces using fabric scraps
Jamie Malden - 8½ minutes
Technique using a covering sheer fabric among others
Interesting technique with hot gun


ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY FOURTEEN


So, how's your journal page coming along.   I decided to begin my page by tearing out several sayings and pictures from magazines and pasting them onto the canvas.   I also added the word HOPE in large letters using several different markers to emphasize the word.   I think it's a promising beginning.  Fingers crossed...


That's it for this evening...
Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...