Wednesday, May 14, 2014

MY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT

Another beautiful day...can I really begin to believe that spring is here?  

So, today's What's Up, Wednesday (Noticed I changed it from What's New?) is a personal one.   I could have kept it at What's New for this post because what I am sharing with you is something I got myself for Mother's Day.   And before you go thinking that my kids forgot me, they remembered!

But, this was on a special Mother's Day Sale and as I have been looking for one for a long time, I could not pass it up.   It was 53% off, for heaven's sake.   Originally it cost $700...but with the sale it was $329.   Plus they threw in bonus accessories.  I also want to tell you that I have been using a very sturdy but old one that lost some of it stitches.   That should give it away.   What was it?   Have a look...




This beauty does everything but the dishes.   I can operate it with either a foot pedal or a button on the machine itself.  It has, to name just a few things, a needle up/down choice, tack stitch, automatic thread cutter, 600 different stitches, needle threader, tons of accessories and best of all automatic tension adjustment!!!

I've already sewn something on it...

Remember my search for a felt-backed plastic tablecloth...unsuccessfully, I might add?   Well, I took out one I had my trailer and added a piece of fabric on the inside for a channel to pull through some twine.   And what am I using it for?   This...

The canvas for shading the swing is long gone.   So, I thought I would use the tablecloth that only cost me $1 to use for the summer.   I posted earlier how I had to rig up the chains because no one sold swing set chains, especially for this model swing.

I know that What's Up Wednesday's are geared more for things that you want to explore, but I was so happy about my new sewing machine that I had to share it with you...thanks for letting me do so.

ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY SEVEN
I think I am getting better at shading...






And here's my journal page thus far.  I used acrylic paint for the yellow and black and a green marker for the 'sprouts'.

Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...