Thursday, June 5, 2014

HOT GLUE GUN STAMPS

Today in Park City is what I like to call a delicious day.   It's cool with a light breeze blowing and bright and sunny with a beautiful blue sky.   Perfect for working outside.   I hope to continue getting the garden beds ready.   How's the weather where you are?  



Today is crafting day and since I talked about hot glue gun craft videos yesterday, I thought I would show you how I make hot glue gun stamps.   It's really easy and fun.


Supplies:   scrap cardboard, tape, scissors, hot glue gun and glue, rubber bands, sandpaper, tacky glue (opt.)

First I cut out three to four layers of cardboard the size I want, tape them together and then cover them with either a clear tape or a smooth duct tape...



For the rubber band stamps, I place them on the prepared cardboard pieces...

If there is more than one layer of rubber bands - in other words, they cross over each other, you will get a more complete stamp by placing the paper over the stamp and rubbing it.   The top picture demonstrates this.   The bottom picture shows the results of applying the stamp to the paper normally.  (NOTE:   If your rubber bands are in a single layer - none crossing over - then you will get a complete result by applying the stamp normally.)


When making a stamp using a hot glue gun...

Apply the glue in whatever shape you want and allow to harden...

When hard, peal off the stamp and trim with scissors if needed.   Turn over and using some sand paper...

Sand the bottom (the side on the covered cardboard) lightly.   This is the side you will use to stamp.   If you want to secure the stamp to a piece of covered cardboard, use tacky glue. However, if the glue stamp is thick, you do not need to do this.


If you have never made stamps this way, give it a try.   It's lots of fun.


I added lots more words and phrases all connected to my idea of bliss.  I also added more watercolor.   This is what it looks like now...


ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY TWENTY


Finally, I wanted to show you how the graphite shell worked.   By the way, the graphite does not get on your hands.   You can see below the different types of marks you can make...

The light shadowing really works well.

That's all today, folks...
Thanks for coming by...
See you tomorrow...