Thursday, July 31, 2014

A SMALL, FRUGAL, FABRIC WREATH

The sun appeared today!!!   Goodness, I was wondering if I would ever see that big round shiny thing in the sky again.

Going to bed with rain and waking up with rain several days in a row was really unusual. Take a look at these clouds...by the way, the pictures were taken during daytime. Clouds in the mountains are so low (because we're so high) that it is an erie feeling when they descend...


The garden survived.  I saw more tomatoes, peppers and squash.   This afternoon, I picked up all the stuff (including the swing set) that had blown over these past couple days.   Took quite a while.

I was looking through Pinterest and saw many frugal, fabric wreaths.   I liked them so much that I decided to try making one for Duchess.   And as Duchess is small, I decided to make the wreath small.

The supplies you need are a wire hanger, wire cutter, pliers, scrap fabric and scissors.   Not much at all.

First, I cut the hanger at the halfway mark at the bottom of the hanger.   I then forced it into a small circle, twisting the wire around.   I squashed the top part and folded it down so that there was still something to hang the wreath from and attach a ribbon to but that would not be seen.

Next, I took several pieces of fabric (squares) which I have not used...

Stacking into piles of five, I cut them into strips...

I then tied these unto the wire hanger circle...

I continued until I stuffed, and you need to stuff it, the wire circle full.   The wreath didn't look very good until I was close to finishing.   And when done, I was really pleased.

Adding a bow at the two was the finishing touch...

ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY FIFTY-THREE
Tomorrow is the last day of this challenge.   As I have said before, it was well worth it to me.

And here is my journal page so far.   I added more color to the lettering using colored pencils.   I did have to retrace the black marker outline as the colored pencils muted the marks...

Well, that's all for today, folks...
Thanks for coming by...
See you tomorrow...
Can you believe that August begins tomorrow?   I'm finding it hard.   School begins this month for many students...on the plus side, so does preseason football!!!