Friday, July 18, 2014

SURPRISING PICTURES FROM MY WALK & WHAT'S ON YOUR TO DO LIST?

A busy, busy day with lots of fun things and lots of work.   It began with my morning walk...by the way, I'm walking two miles every weekday now...not too bad for someone who is not exactly athletic!!!

The walk began normally.   I took a picture of some flower/weeds growing by the road...

And walking through the tunnel under Highway 80 I took a few more pictures...


And merrily I went on my way up a long steep hill, then a flat area and finally getting ready to go down the hill, I decided to stop and take a drink.   For some reason I turned around and this is what I saw...


And on my way back, I saw two more...


They were so close, I could hear when the burners were turned on to give the balloons some height.   I've seen hot air balloons before, but never this close.   A very nice way to begin my day.


WHAT'S ON YOUR TO DO LIST?
I have gone round and round with my to do lists. Sometimes I have long detailed lists and sometimes I have short abbreviated lists.   How about you?

For the present, I have settled on an in-between list.   Not too detailed nor long but including most of what I want to accomplish.   Do I always get everything done?   No.   But things not finished go onto the next day's list.

I also include things that I do everyday just to remind myself.   For instance, my exercise.   Yes, I generally do it, but seeing it on my list gives me just enough incentive to make sure I follow through even on those days I would rather skip walking.

The only sure thing about my to do list is that I need one.   Maybe it's the satisfaction I get when I cross something off.   Maybe it's so I remember to do something.   Maybe it's because it is a way to organize my day.   For whatever reason, I find that I am better off with one than without one.  

On the other hand, I am not a slave to my list.   I will dispense with it in a New York Minute if something comes up to change my day.  Like today.   We decided to take the kids to the movies...off we went and I didn't give my to do list a second thought.

So, I ask, What's On Your To Do List?   Does the list help or hinder?   Only you can answer that question and that answer will help you decide if you need one and what type it is: Short, long, detailed, general.    Now, where did I put my pencil...I have things to cross off my list...

Thanks for visiting...
Have a great weekend...
See you on Monday...