Friday, July 25, 2014

THE WEEK THAT WAS...

I have to say that this has been one wild week, full of surprises - some not so nice.   So, let me begin with Duchess...
...my trailer.   I took her in early Wednesday morning for a general check-up which I felt would include some new tires.   WELLLLLLLL...only one tire was bad, but I decided to get two new ones that were ten-ply instead of the six-ply ones which were on the trailer.  

But then the bad news came...   One of my axles was bad and needed to be replaced...(gulp)...and not only would it not be cheap, it would not be quick.   They have to make the axle...it's not a standard, off the shelf item. So, that could equate to a couple week's wait.  

And, of course, if you remember, I had put all my creative supplies back in thinking I would be working in the trailer from now on.  Well, I took some things out but was really not thinking clearly to take the right items.   So this morning I went back and packed up a couple large totes with things so I can continue with my projects.

The whole thing took most of the day, so I didn't post on Wednesday.

Thursday was a blur, although Thursday evening was nice but tiring and late.   So much so that I once again did not post.   Sorry about missing two posts.   But back to Thursday evening.   There is a holiday here in Utah called Pioneer Day and it occurred yesterday, Thursday.   There are a lot of big pot-luck parties followed by fireworks.

Well, I went to one of the parties and let me tell you, they put on quite a fireworks show.   But not only the party which I attended, but at least four other parties and fireworks display within a few blocks were going on.   What a trip.   My camera didn't take very good pictures, but here are a couple.   By the way, they lit the fireworks in the middle of the street...


































By the way, this weekend is also busy.   Lots of folks will be here and everyone will be going to a rodeo this evening, spending the day at the beach tomorrow and attending a demolition derby tomorrow evening...(whewwwwww).   I think I will need to rest up next week!!!

ZENTANGLE CHALLENGES:   DAYS FORTY-EIGHT AND FORTY-NINE


































Needless to say, I didn't get all my goals done...hopefully I will do better next week.   Well, thanks for visiting.   I have to get ready for a rodeo!!!   Interesting places I'm visiting lately. Have a great weekend.   See you on Monday...