Wednesday, August 20, 2014

BEAUTY, JOY AND WALKING


A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER...
Have you ever looked at something so beautiful that tears of joy leaped from your heart. Maybe it was your newborn child, or the wedding of a close friend. Maybe is was a sunrise that gave you hope.

Or, standing on the edge of a mountain looking with awe at the valley below. Maybe it was the expression of a parent who told you that they loved you very much. Or perhaps it was even a stranger who took the time to smile and speak kindly to you.

I always remember the phrase, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' As I have gotten older, I have realized the truth to that statement. When I was much younger, beauty was focused on the physical.

Now, I see beauty in things of much more importance...an act of compassion, the ability to be optimistic in the face of pessimism, a promise kept, a deep abiding spirit of joy or even a long serene sunset.

These things and many, many more bring a joy that lasts. I can't remember the folks from my youth whom I thought were beautiful, but I can remember the act of a teacher who helped me understand a particularly difficult mathematics concept.

In college I can't even remember the names of the football team whom I thought were cool, but I can remember a counselor who steered me into the right classes and helped me to discover things about myself that I never realized.

I bet if you consider joys in your own life, you will find more than you can number; and, if you're like me you'll be smiling a lot more. Try it, you'll like it.

By the way, how's you joy tally doing?

ON MY WALK...







JOY TALLY FOR TODAY:  Six times of special joy.   How's your tally doing?

Thanks for dropping in and checking things out...
See you tomorrow...