Thursday, August 14, 2014

FALL DECORATIONS AND MAKING A JOURNAL PAGE PART ONE

A ton more rain early morning, a few sprinkles mid-day and a downpour early evening!   I just can't get over all the rain in this high desert area.

Now that preseason football is on, I figured it was time to do a bit of fall decorating in Duchess.   Not too much, she isn't very big, but a few things here and there...

First the new Welcome Sign...

Then some flowers and the frugal fall wreath above the desk...

The kitchen cabinets have a few items...

My favorite fall picture...

And next to my desk...


TODAY'S CRAFT IS MAKING A JOURNAL PAGE - PART ONE
First I gathered my papers first from the odd papers draw which contains newspapers, brochures, etc...

These are papers from my old ephemera drawer like books, old music, basically anything really old...

While going through these collections, I pulled items that interested me...

Before actually attaching the items, I painted the background with orange and white acrylic paint...

After the paint was dry, I tossed my selections on the paper to see how it looked...

I then used Mod Podge and a brush to glue items down.  This is the first lay...

And this is the second layer.

Stay tuned for part two...

JOY TALLY FOR TODAY
Today was a bit of a subdued day with a few bumps in the road but I still had 3 joyful moments...

I hope everyone has had a great day...
Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...