Monday, August 18, 2014

WOW! I FORGOT TO POST ON FRIDAY!!! AND I LOVE MY FITBIT!!!

Have you ever had one of those weekends where things are so busy that you meet yourself coming as you're going?   Well, that's the kind of weekend I had and it began on Friday.

First we had an early appointment down in the valley, then met some folks for lunch and then...then we went to Gardener Village.   Oh what an absolutely beautiful place to spend your money.   Lots and lots of little shops.   But I will save those pictures for tomorrow...

Then Saturday, we went back down in the valley, this time all the way south to 'Lifetime' for a paddle board for one of my grandkids.   And, of course, because we were so close we had to stop at Ikea.

And what else do you do besides shopping at Ikea...eat lunch...oh, I really love those Swedish meatballs.

Home again and the rest of the folks, plus more friends, went to Rockport to have some fun in the water with the paddle board and kayaks and just plain swimming.   I stayed home...well, not really, I had a couple of local errands to run plus I made some potato salad and veggies plus dip to munch on when they all came back to barbeque.

Sunday, well, that was my birthday so I did have a bit of free time to watch preseason football...yes, I do love football.  And I had a great meal with a birthday cake and all the trimmings.

I have to tell you about one of my gifts...a Fitbit...I love it.   It tracks your steps.   2000-2200 steps give or take a few equals a mile.   It's a way to keep track of your walking.   What it does is encourage you to walk.  

For instance, I was tired last night so I thought maybe I wouldn't walk...then I thought...hmm, maybe I should start off right.   So this morning I got up and walked 2 1/4 miles.   All together today, I have walked 8,055 steps which equals 3.46 miles and I have burned 1, 737 calories.  Not too bad for the first day.   My goal is to walk 3 miles in the morning and now I think I will make that fairly easily.

Then today, I had to go back down in the valley to pick up some things.   I left after I worked on the fence.   It was really hot down there...high nineties.  Tomorrow, more walking (although rain is forecast), more fence and I promise to share my adventure at the village and catch up with the regular posting...

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...