Thursday, August 28, 2014

JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING

I know, Thursdays are for crafting, but things are going to be a lot different for the next month or so. I am getting ready to travel which means...well, there's a lot to do.   My departure date it September 8, 2014.   And you would not believe the list of to-do's I have to do!

I am in Park City, Utah right now and I will be traveling to Asheville, NC to celebrate a special event with my daughter.   By the way, it's about 2,000 miles as the crow flies, but I will be traveling a longer route!

Anyway, as this week has really been mixed up, I thought I would share Monday's Moments today...


JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING

This comes from a verse in Psalms. (And no, I'm not going to do any preaching.)  It is actually the last half of the second part of this verse. The rest of that part is '...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.' Psalm 30:5b.

I think of this verse as a statement of hope. A statement that in the end, all will be alright. Maybe not perfect. Maybe not the same. In all probability, things will really be changed. But all will be alright.

I think of the loss of my husband of 43 years. NO, I did not want things to change. I did not want him to die. I wanted him to get better and we enjoy our retirement together. But that was not to be. And, yes, there was weeping...lots of it...and a lot of adaptation to change. But, also, in the end, there is joy.

Joy that I had 43 years together. Joy that he was no longer in pain. Joy that we had four beautiful children. Joy that we had friends who were closer than our relatives. Quite frankly, the list of joys goes on and on.

So, if you find yourself experiencing the first part...'weeping may endure for a night...', there is hope and joy will come. Slowly, even creeping at times, but, in the end, joy will cometh in the morning.

So how is your Joy Tally going?   Today was great, I counted 7 beautiful times of joy.

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...