Monday, September 22, 2014

A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT...

I'm listening to Monday Night Football this evening.   Jets getting some bad calls but they're still in the game.

First day of fall today!   And right on cue, the weather turned cold.   I'm at a campground in Washington, PA.   Yesterday, when I arrived, it was so hot that I put the air conditioning on to cool down Duchess.

Today, if it made it to the mid 60's I'd be surprised.   Plus it was damp, cloudy and misty and it rained last night.

I saw very few fall colored trees as I drove here.   Wonder if the coolness will increase that number when I  drive to Maryland tomorrow.   Yep, I'll be driving to a campsite close to Hagerstown tomorrow for a six night stay.

Today, I've been just vegging out, doing a lot of reading, listening to some podcasts and more reading.

Three of the books I'm reading right now are:   'ART IS A SPIRITUAL PATH: ENGAGING THE SACRED THROUGH THE PRACTICE OF ART AND WRITING' by Pat B. Allen; and, 'WRITING TO WAKE THE SOUL:  OPENING THE SACRED CONVERSATION WITHIN' by Karen Hering; and, "THE ARTIST'S WAY: A SPIRITUAL PATH TO HIGHER CREATIVITY' by Julia Cameron.

The first two books are not religious maps to find your way to 'the truth'.   They both deal with ways to find your own path of understanding the sacred within and your own spirituality.  

Cameron's book, I think, uses the inner dialogue to unlock creativity. Whereas, I feel that both Allen's and Hering's books use creativity in art and writing to unlock your inner dialogue.  Interesting dichotomy.

There's a new weekly prompt posted.   Hopefully, I will be able to share pictures of Maryland with you this week.   By the way, next week is Asheville, NC!

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...