Saturday, September 20, 2014

NEW HARMONY, INDIANA - PART TWO

I know I promised to post more pictures from New Harmony yesterday, Friday. But the drive through Indiana was so bad and took so long that by the time I had everything set up at this campsite, I just vegged out. The roads in Indiana are either in extremely bad shape or under repair which made for much longer drive time that I anticipated.

At any rate, I am relaxing today...driving tomorrow...so here's the rest of New Harmony pictures.

Have you ever been to a labyrinth? Well, there is an excellent one in New Harmony. And it's created using four foot high hedges! Here are the pictures I took trying to show the circular movement throughout except the straight entrance...






Along with The Roofless Church, sculptures, etc. there are many gardens in the area including contemplative ones. You can see the fountain in the center of this one. There are several places to just sit. But, at the end of the summer, most of the foliage is in decline...

There are also historic buildings, twenty-five at eight different sites. I only took a few pictures of the oldest buildings...



As I said, there's a lot to explore in this town and worth the time to visit. But, as I have traveled all around the nation, I think that almost all areas have lots to explore. So, if you're not close to New Harmony, Indiana, check out the area where you live. I bet there are plenty of adventures you can explore...

Thanks for dropping by...
Hope your weekend is great...

See you on Monday...