Monday, September 15, 2014

MORE OF THE WET STUFF...I MEAN, REALLY?

Have you heard of the quote 'Into each life a little rain must fall.'?   Well, all I can say is that my life seems to be full of it...rain, that is.

Can rain be an adventure?   It sure can when the heavens open up and literally pour down that wet stuff and you're driving, hauling a trailer behind you.   Lady J and Duchess weathered it fine.   Me, I'm not so sure...

No new pictures today, but I'll share this one and tell you why...

So, I was going back to finish photographing the bridges but, instead, I was laid low with either a case of bad food or a 24 hour flu.   I will spare you the details, but it took almost two days to recover...and then it was time to go...and, of course, it rained!!!

So, where am I?   I'm outside of Springfield, Illinois where I will be staying tonight, tomorrow and leaving on Wednesday.   This is a neat campsite.   Out in the country but with lots to do especially for kids.   Me, I'm vegging out tomorrow but I will take a couple pictures.

So, back to adventures.   The journal prompt for this week is:  The adventure of trying something new.  How many times have you wanted to try something new?   Something completely out of your normal sphere of life?

Do you try that new adventure or do you come up with excuses like:   I'm too old.   Or, I'd look silly. Or, I don't think I can do it.   Or, what would other folks think?

Guess what?   You only go around once in life and if you don't try that new adventure, you'll never know what will happen.   It could completely change your life.   Or, you could find out that it's not what you really want to do. Either way, you come out ahead of the game because you dared to try a new adventure.

So, what's that new adventure you'd like to try now?   You know the one, it's been nagging at you in the background for a long time and you're ignoring it?   Acknowledge it and give it a try.   You might be surprised at the results...

Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...