Friday, September 12, 2014

SOME OF THE BRIDGES...

I woke up this morning to...wait for it...RAIN!   It was supposed to be nice.   Guess the weather doesn't listen to the weather forecast.

When the rain let up a bit, I did go out to find a couple more bridges.   The first one I went to was the Hogback Covered Bridge (1884)...



The second bridge I went to was the Cedar Covered Bridge (1883).   The original was destroyed by arson in 2002 and an exact replica was built in 2004...


Many of the bridges are located on dirt roads...you should see the mud on Lady J.   I don't think she likes it.   So I have found three of the six bridges thus far.   I hope to find more tomorrow.

I also managed to drive by the John Wayne Birthplace which is basically surrounded by construction machinery.   And I was even able to stop long enough to snap a couple pictures...


Finally, I passed this old barn.  It really struck me because with the exception of one other barn, most of the farm buildings I have seen while driving around were in excellent shape.  And I have driven through the countryside a lot looking for bridges.


One last thing...I am not sure what's going on here, but folks are setting up Christmas decorations around their trailers.   Have to go up to the main office and check this out.   Will let you know next week.

I hope you have an adventurous weekend.   Check out the fall festivals in your area.   I always loved attending them.   Corn mazes, pumpkin throwing, hayrides.   Have fun,   Be silly.   Be Adventurous.

Thanks for visiting...
See you on Monday...