Monday, October 13, 2014

NEW BERN KOA FOR SOME R & R

Yesterday, I awoke to rain, I packed up the campsite in rain...hooking Lady J to Duchess in pouring rain is quite an experience!

Then I drove in rain.   The trip to New Bern was about 260 miles...about four and a half hours, right? Wrong!   Not in the rain.   Make that more like seven hours.

I should be used to it...I feel like one of the cartoon characters who have a raincloud following them around.

At any rate, I did make it to the New Bern KOA.   And although it was cloudy and drizzling, it was not really raining.   This place is beautiful.   It's on a large - make that very large - river...
...and there's a large dock and places to moor a boat.

The campsites are large and if you want, there's a patio.

I chose to keep it simple...

There's lots of activities the kids also...

Best of all...no stink bugs (except the ones I brought with me!!!)

Today, I woke up with an allergy headache.   Took some allergy meds and a couple aspirins and wound up sleeping for several hours.   Woke up to a very warm afternoon.   I'm using my air conditioner...something I haven't done for a long, long time.

I decided to just relax and enjoy my time here...reading, creating, walking, etc. Right now I am reading several books:   The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King; With Or Without God by Gretta Vosper; The Rebirthing of God by John Philip Newell; The Field by Diane McTaggert; plus a couple art books.

Actually, there are more to the list.   I have a tendency to read about six non-fiction books, a couple fiction books plus a ton of art books at the same time.   How about you?   Do you like to read one book at a time or read several at a time.

Art books of any kind are always something I enjoy reading for ideas, inspiration, new techniques, etc.   So I always have several around and pick them up when I feel a need to create but can't decide what...

There's a new prompt posted...

Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...