Monday, October 6, 2014

SAGAS FINISHED AND RAIN CONTINUES

Duchess and Lady J are working just fine.   And, although I found a few of those little 'stinky bugs', I think most are gone.   And since rain seems to follow me no matter where I go, I have to say it is comforting that it is raining right now.

THIS MONTH'S FOCUS:
I chose relationships to focus on this month because the older I get, the more I realize that my life is comprised of relationships.   Relationships with parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends, co-workers, strangers, even pets.

I just spent several days with one of my children and as I reflected on that time, I realized that I am very proud of all of my adult children.   And that each relationship is different but very special.

Some of our relationships are short but leave a lasting impact.   Other relationships are long and become a significant part of our life.  

The well known saying 'No man is an island' really hits home for me.   Individualism is very important in our culture, but to be honest, we could not go it alone.   It really does take a community. I can't even imagine a life without relationships.  Nor would I want to.  

I invite you to explore your relationships this month.  Think about those folks from your past that made an impact on your life.   When I was young, in third grade, I remember an elderly lady who took the time to teach me how to play canasta.

I remember my grandma who taught me how to live a life full of compassion for others.  Not by telling me but by showing me through her life.

Who do you remember?   How did that relationship help shape who you are today?   Why not spend a few minutes each day, thinking about and being grateful for those special relationships in your life.

A COUPLE PICTURES:
I took a ride on the Smokey Mountain Railroad.   The trees haven't turned yet, but the ride was peaceful with great views...


The Blue Ridge Parkway was spectacular...

Especially when I stopped to have some down home barbeque...

That's all for tonight...
Thanks for dropping by...
Check back tomorrow...
(New prompt posted!)