Friday, November 28, 2014

THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE

Yes, I did make it into New York City for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This year there was no wind so the balloons were able to fly high.

It's a long trip in from Beacon on the Metro North Hudson Line Railroad, then the shuttle from Grand Central to Times Square and finally the subway up to 72nd street.   But I made it there in time to see the parade.   Unfortunately, not close enough to see everything.  But the balloons are the most important for me anyway.   

I took a ton of pictures, but I'll only share a few.   What does not show up is how really large the balloons are...to see that, I think you almost have to be there in person.   So, here  are a few photos...









After the parade it was back to Beacon for a large Thanksgiving Day Feast. And next week back to apartment hunting...wish me luck!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Day...

Thanks for dropping in...