Monday, December 1, 2014

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS


Thanksgiving is behind us and that means that the countdown to the holidays is now front and center. For me, that's Christmas. 

For others, it's different celebrations. But the countdown has begun.

Problem is that I'm at a loss as to what to do. I do have a few decorations which I can put up in Duchess....come on now, it's me. I even had decorations for fall and Thanksgiving up in Duchess.

Will I have an apartment or not? You know, I am not too sure. And then even once I secure an apartment, I will have to get my 'stuff' down from Portland, Maine! Sometimes it seems overwhelming, but I will make it.

So, I am thinking that I will focus on making a few ornaments and purchasing gifts (remember all those quilts I made last year - a dozen or so?). Homemade is not going to happen this year..not to that extent anyway.

And baking, the pies I make this week may be all the baking I get done, but that's okay too. 

The message of the holidays for me is 'LOVE'. And I have lots of that to share. And guess what, LOVE is the monthly thought for December.  

So, for all of you who are in a panic about the upcoming holidays...take several deep breathes, sit down and savor this moment (It's the only one you have.), and do something that you enjoy doing like browsing through a favorite magazine, reading a book, thinking about all those things you are grateful for, or just remembering wonderful memories.

Now, take the countdown list, pare it down to what you really want to do...not what you feel you have to do...and then smile and feel the love surrounding you.   And yes, we all have love that surrounds us whether seen or unseen.

Tomorrow I'm off to the city.   Wish me luck in finding an apartment.   But no matter what, I will still enjoy myself...you know me, I love the Big Apple...

Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...