Monday, January 19, 2015

MY NEW APARTMENT

I made it into the city on Friday and, as promised, I took pictures of my new apartment.   It's on the third floor of an elevator, pre-war building.   I posted pictures of the outside and lobby previously. (I normally don't include this many pictures in one post but have reduced the pix-size so they should load fast.)

The approximate measurements of the apartment are: The living room 19 1/2 by 12 1/2 feet, the bedroom 16 1/2 by 12 feet, the foyer 20 1/2 by 6 feet, the kitchen 12 by 9 feet, plus there is a 7 3/4 by 3 feet closet in the foyer (included in foyer measurements), a 5 1/2 by 4 3/4 feet walk in closet in the bedroom (not included in the bedroom measurements) and a 34" square linen closet in the hallway.

From the entrance door (Note large closet on the right, door to kitchen on the left)::

From the foyer into living room (Note:  I have an in the wall air conditioner here and in bedroom!!!:

From the living room to the entrance door:


Hallway and closet (bathroom to the left, bedroom to the right):


Bedroom:


Bathroom with walk-in tub:


And the kitchen:


This is a really nice sized apartment and I am going to enjoy living and working in it.   I also found out that if I come during office hours, I will have no problem finding a parking place.   After 5, however, forget it...I may have to park several blocks away.  That's fine because most of the time I will be using mass transit to get around!!!

The foyer is so big I could set up a dining room table if I wanted.  But instead I will be setting up a place to take pictures and make tutorials for my blog.    The living room is so large that I will probably set up the seating area in the front third by the window and use the rest for my studio.

I had another great adventure on Friday, but I will share that with you tomorrow.   Something I will be doing again and again.

Hope your weekend was great.
There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.
'Je suis Charlie'
Sorry that the Packers lost.   Happy the Patriots won.
Talk to you later.