Sunday, January 4, 2015

NEW BEGINNINGS AND SEARCHING IN EARNEST

A NEW YEAR MEANS NEW WORDS:
Yes, it is Sunday...not one of my usual posting days.   (Don't worry, I will be watching the next football game.)  But it has been almost a week since I last posted.   And I wanted to share my words for 2015.   What are they?   Questions and Time.  

Why two this year.   Well, this past year has been consumed with questions, questions about everything.   I realized that questions rather than answers were what was propelling me through life.  

You know the saying 'The longest journey begins with a single step'?   Well, that's right.   But before you step out, your first thought is probably, Which Way?  So, I am giving a nod to what has and continues to consume my time...Questions!  

Why time?   Well, as I approach my seventh decade residing on this vehicle we call earth, I realize that I have much less time in front of me than behind me.   That's okay with me...I am not depressed one tiny bit at finding myself at this age.  But, upon realizing that fact, I also realize that the time I have left is very precious.  So I want to be present to it.  

So many times I have rushed through things, not really being present or conscious of the moment. I think all of us have at one time or another.   Cooking for the family, changing diapers, shopping for groceries, taking kids to school, etc., etc., etc.

I know I will still rush through things but I want to be present for all those moments, even standing in line forever waiting to be checked out.   No, I don't want to be super productive and multi-task like crazy.   I just want to acknowledge my time by being aware of it.  Do any of you feel that way?

APARTMENT SEARCH:
And a bit about my apartment search.   I did travel throughout three boroughs:   Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.   I will still look at the areas around Central Park, but I am also going to check out Bay Ridge in Brooklyn.

I almost signed the lease for the last place I looked at on the Upper East Side.   But, I kept thinking about the cost - a cool $2500/month!   I came to my senses before signing though, thank goodness.   And now I am dealing with my original amount for rent and am finding lots of places between $900 and $1200 per month cheaper.   Yes, cheaper!!!

I figure that spending a few more minutes on the subway was a much better deal.   So, tomorrow I will be checking out several places in Bay Ridge.   And, if I don't find anything, I have places to visit on Tuesday.   So the Search resumes in earnest once again.

NEW RESOLUTIONS:
Some people enjoy making New Year's resolutions?   How about you?   Me?   Well, I love the whole idea of new beginnings but rather than making resolutions, I like to think about what new adventures I will undertake.   So, over the next couple of weeks, I'll share those ideas and adventures with you.

For now, my desire is that all of you enter this new year with all the love and hope and questions to make it a full, satisfying and joyous year.

Talk to you tomorrow...maybe with news of a possible apartment!
Thanks for dropping by...